- 175 g (6 oz) split red lentils
- 600 ml (I pint) water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon soya oil
- 2 large eggs
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) soya milk
- 200 g (7 oz) tuna chunks in soya oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- Wash the lentils and bring to the boil in a pan with 600 ml (1 pint)
water. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are soft and most
of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Sweat the onion in the oil until it begins to soften.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks and So Good together. Whisk
the egg whites until stiff.
- Flake the tuna fish and include the juices from the tin.
- Combine the lentils, onion, tuna, egg, Soya Milk and black pepper.
- Fold in the egg whites using a metal spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow, greased ovenproof dish, sprinkle
the surface with the nuts and bake at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for
30 minutes or until it is set and brown.
from Maryon Stewart’s The Phyto Factor